The definition of a timeline is a chart or graph that visually depicts a series of events that happen over a period of time. They can help contextualize a story, a process, or any other kind of event by setting clear points, in chronological order, along a horizontal or vertical line. Timelines have the ability to give the viewer a quick yet refreshingly holistic view of a sequence of past or future events. They can improve information retention and encourage organization.
How do I create a timeline?
Representing an alignment in time and making a chronological statement, a timeline should include the series of events and activities (milestones and tasks) that you want to display on your graphic, along with their dates to mark their occurrence over a particular phase.
Whether you employ this type of visual content for knowledge sharing or tracking the progress of a plan, here are the two main things you need to consider in order to outline the structure of a basic timeline:
- Listing out the main steps/stages of your plan and setting clear deadlines/time reference points – break up your work into tasks with start and due dates to estimate how much time each of them will take;
- Figuring out the logical order in which your tasks will occur – determine which of your tasks need to be completed first and whether there are any that can’t start until others are completed.
After downloading this sample template and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Timeline template. If this isn't the right letter that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from business forms, checklists, contracts, etc
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Israel Yates - GBR
This is a useful timeline template
Stefania Peck - GBR
I value and respect your templates.
Delphine Houston - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process