Health and Fitness Job Description
How do you write a Health and Fitness Trainer job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective health & fitness coach job description is essential when recruiting new trainers, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a Health and Fitness Trainer job description?
The role of a Health and Fitness Professional involves instructing, educating, and offering personal training to clients in areas of health and fitness. They generally teach safe exercise techniques, explain how to use equipment, and work to improve and maintain the overall physical wellness of others. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Identify the clients’ fitness level and health.
- Oversee completion of exercise routines.
- Track clients’ physical progress.
- Modify exercise plans based on needs, potential injuries or health issues.
- Conduct individual and group fitness training sessions.
- Adopt a holistic training approach (e.g. cardiovascular exercise, strength).
- Oversee the use of fitness equipment to ensure clients exercise properly and safely.
- Handle nutrition and health-related questions.
- Refer to and promote fitness packages and plans.
- Carry out First Aid and CPR if needed.
- Follow safety and hygiene guidelines.
- Previous work experience as a Fitness Trainer or similar role.
- Knowledge of diverse exercises and how to adjust plans according to each client’s needs.
- Ability to instruct and motivate people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Available to work on early or late shifts and on weekends.
- Proven experience of CPR and First Aid.
- High School Diploma; degree in Kinesiology or Sports Science is a plus.
By using this Health and Fitness job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Health and Fitness job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Grazyna Michael - AUS