Freelance Web Developer Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Web Developer? What does a Freelance Web Developer do? Download this sample job description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Web Developer?
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does a Freelance Web Developer do?
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
By using this Freelance Web Developer job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Web Developer job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Karoline Sherman - GBR
Very useful file I can now continue my project
Thalia Wilkerson - DEU
Thank you for this!!
Rowena Frazier - NZL
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process