Systems Administrator Job Description
How do you write a job description for a System Administrator? What is a systems administrator job description? Download this sample IT job description template
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
What is a systems administrator job description?
A Systems Administrator maintains the daily operations of a company’s computer servers and networks. They diagnose and troubleshoot any malfunctions, perform upgrades, monitor system performance, provide user support, and work to resolve technical issues. They have strong analytical and communication skills and are adept at problem-solving. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
- Relevant degree or diploma in Information systems or information technology.
- Microsoft MCSE certification or similar.
- Past experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and database operations.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
By using this System Administrator job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made System Administrator job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Arnette Lutz - AUS
Grateful and many thanks *****
Tonita Chaney - NZL
Jeanie Reed - DEU
Thanks Bizzlibrary and bing search engine for providing me this file