Insurance Underwriter Job Description
What qualifications do you need to be an underwriter? How do I write a Insurance Underwriter Job Description? Download this Job Description template.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What qualifications do you need to be an underwriter?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Review insurance applications for compliance and adherence.
- Assess clients’ background information and financial status.
- Liaise with specialists to gather information and opinions.
- Weight loss exposures and determine underwriting alternatives.
- Draw up a quote for competitive insurance premiums.
- Negotiate and define the specific terms of insurance policies with brokers or policyholders.
- Keep detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- Balance between mass and homogeneity of risks to achieve predictability of future results.
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the insurer.
- Follow applicable insurance laws.
- Proven insurance underwriting experience.
- Hands-on experience with “smart systems”, analytical tools and statistical packages (spreadsheets,SPSS, databases etc).
- Sensible judgement and attention to detail.
- Confident decision-making skills.
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures.
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills.
- Insurance diploma or certification.
- BS in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
By using this Insurance Underwriter job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Insurance Underwriter Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Carline Patrick - DEU
You have really helped me so much,, I have now enough food for thought.
Rodger Cobb - USA
Normally I skip the rating, today I m blessed this website solved my problem.