Administrative Assistant Job Description
What are the job duties for an administrative assistant? Find out and download Administrative Assistant Job Description.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An administrative assistant is responsible for a smooth working process to maintain business flow. He is responsible to provide assistance and help to a team or maybe even a single individual as an assistant. Typical duties of an administrative assistant are to maintain work records, make calls, provide guidance to the visitors, create spreadsheets, so and so forth. Below are mentioned some of the necessary skills to be an administrative assistant.
What are the job duties for an Admin assistant?An administrative assistant is responsible for the below-mentioned skills:
- Must have critical thinking skills
- Must be a quick learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have organization skills
- Must have detailed know-how of computer usage and skills
- Excellent strategist, planner, and event scheduler
- Good reception skills to handle visitors
- Storing records of the associated department
- Perform all office duties and ensure the smooth working processes
- Receive and forward calls from relevant fields for inter-departmental and intra-departmental communications
These are some of the major skills necessary to be an administrative assistant. If you are well-versed in the above-mentioned skills, then it is likely for you to secure a position.
Sample Administration Assistant job description:
We are providing a detailed job description of an administrative assistant, along with the responsibilities and criteria. Here are mentioned few lines for your ease:
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an administrative assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, administrative assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- 3 years of administrative assistant experience.
- Knowledge of appropriate software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Download the complete Administrative Assistant job description in the MS word file by clicking the download button. Head to bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents, cover letters, applications, essays, and much more.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Deeanna Ortega - AUS
Materials on this page are very useful
Rosanna Chavez - AUS
Inspiring work, thanks. Very useful document.
Lionel Wolf - DEU
My boss got a great document from me, thanks to you!
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents