Manufacturing Engineering Manager Job Description
How do I write a Manufacturing Engineering Manager Job Description? Download this Manufacturing Engineering Manager Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Manufacturing Engineering Manager Job Description?
This sample manufacturing engineering job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Lead a team through mentoring, development, and performance management.
- Support the team through hands-on involvement on production floor focusing on overall safety and process improvements.
- Design manufacturing processes, tools, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Develop manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Manage manufacturing lead times with regards to wait, move, queue, set-up, and run.
- Manage all cost estimating processes and ensure timely submittal of accurate estimates.
- Lead Manufacturing Engineering continuous improvement efforts for process improvement, product quality, process quality, lead time reduction, and cost reduction.
- Initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Lead Capital Investment projects including process approval, CapEx justification, quoting, project plan development, and project implementation.
- Lead strategic analysis involving make v. buy and core competency justifications.
- Lead New Product Introduction efforts for manufacturing.
- Multiple years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in a leadership role.
- Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Lean certification a plus.
- Experience in a conveyor or material handling field.
- Must have superb problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategic projects.
- Ability to work closely with department supervision and production workers.
By using this Manufacturing Manager job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Manufacturing Engineering Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Bobby Hughes(12/26/2021) - DEU
Thank you for this!!
Our Latest Blog
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Job Description Template
Job Description Template
Job Description Template
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description