IT Internship Job Description
How do you write a job description for an IT Internship? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective IT Internship description is essential when recruiting new interns, and it helps doing a preselection of the right candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample internship tasks description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for an IT Internship?
An Information Technology Internship offers practical work experience to assist the IT team with the maintenance of the network, software, hardware, and other systems. An IT Intern is usually involved in troubleshooting technical issues, responding to user requests, software installation and updates, and maintaining proper IT documentation. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- IT interns must support the IT team in the maintenance of hardware, software and other systems. They must troubleshoot issues with equipment like printers, computers and servers. They run software updates backups when requested. IT interns may participate in the development of new desktops, servers or applications. They may research hosting options and report pricing and system options to supervisors. They may also research unusual bugs or issues the company encounters.
- IT interns must be in pursuit of a degree in computer science, information technology or engineering. Some companies may set grade point average requirements. They must have a class schedule that allows the student to work at least two days each week for at least four hours each day.
They should have some education in programming, database management and technologies like MS SQL, Exchange, Access and .Net frameworks.
By using this IT Internship job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made IT Internship job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Damien Cox - GBR
Katheryn Robles - GBR
amazing that you have exactly the document that I need
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.