Character Reference Letter
How do you write a Character Reference letter? When looking for a Character Reference letter you can always download and use this one.
.docx (0.02 MB)
A character reference is a short summary of you as a person written by someone you know, which will normally include some information on your strengths and weaknesses, for example, your attitude, honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, dependability, etc. it is not the same as work or academic reference or recommendation.
How do you write a Character Reference Letter?
A reference can only be written by someone who has been well acquainted with you over the past four years. The person must be of professional standing and not related to you and not someone you have either treated or employed.
Your reference letter should include:
- The referee's full name and professional standing, including any professional registration, licensure, or membership that conveys this standing
- How they know you
- How long they have known you for – it must have been at least four years
- A summary of your character
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Appearance: Type your reference letter. Your reference letter casts a reflection on both you and the candidate. Appearance may even determine if it will be read or not. Print the letter on good quality ink-jet paper.
- Specifics: Concentrate on several different aspects of the person. Be specific when you refer to his/her skills, attitude, personal attributes, contributions, performance, growth, etc. during the time period you have known the candidate
After downloading this sample letter and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Character Reference Letter. If this isn't the right template that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Audie Bonilla - USA
Katelin Underwood - AUS
Brittny Wilcox - DEU
My boss is very happy with the final result, thanks to your website
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.