IT Support Desk Job Description
How do you write an IT Support Desk job description? Download this Information Technology Support job description template now and post vacancy in minutes
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job Information Technology Support description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write an IT Support Desk job description?
An IT Support Desk job entails providing technical support to customers experiencing software, hardware, or other system-related issues. Their duties include working alongside IT teams to help troubleshoot user issues, respond in a timely manner, and follow up to ensure full resolution of the issues. They should have a patient disposition and strong communication and interpersonal skills. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relate to IT issues.
- Maintain computer systems and act as support if any system goes down.
- Responsible for PC’s, Printers, Servers and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc).
- Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Keep inventory of all equipment, software, and license users.
- Install, configure, and upgrade PC software.
- A college degree is not typically required for entry-level help desk positions, but a degree in computer information science, or help desk administration can help get an interview or achieve a higher pay grade. It can also be useful to get a specialized or niche certificate in PC repair, network administration, or help desk support.
By using this IT Support Desk job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made IT Support Desk job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Thomasine Santos(12/20/2021) - USA
Cody Schaefer(12/20/2021) - DEU
Please continue the good work, we all benefit from document templates you provide.
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description