A cover letter is a one-page document addressed to the potential employer. It includes your contact details, the role you are applying for, and further detail surrounding the information in your CV. Cover letters should highlight h=why you're interested in the role and it has to expand on your skills and experiences which highlight why you're best suited for the position.
How to write a simple cover letter?
Important information to include in a cover letter:
- Your contact details; Don't make it difficult for them to find your contact details. Make sure your contact details are easily located on the cover letter. It will make it much easier for them to pick up the phone and invite you in for an interview.
- Formalities; Make sure your cover letter sticks to a formal letter format. That means addressing the reader by name (if you know it); or if you don’t know the name you can say: To whom it may concern.
- Have a clear structure;
- Explain to the employer who you are and why you are contacting them.
- Read the job description and make sure to mention three skills and work experience that the hiring manager is looking for. Convince the hiring manager why your skills and experience are the right matches for the job.
- Make sure to add value. Mention three ways in which you can add value to their business through your unique skills, experience, and personal attributes.
- Mention when you're available for an interview.
After downloading this simple cover letter example and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Simple cover letter. If this isn't the right letter that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Hank Vasquez - AUS
Thank you for the letter!!
Cleveland Romero - AUS
Crystal Hoffman - GBR
I wan tto express my gratitude
Thanks...these are great examples