Freelance Accountant Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Accountant? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a Freelance Accountant job description?
A Freelance Accountant collates, records, interprets, and reports on financial data and records. Their duties include preparing accounts and tax returns, monitoring budgets and spending, auditing and analyzing financial performance, and ensuring that information is accurate and up to date. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the responsibilities of a Virtual Accountant?
- Create and manage financial statements and dashboards.
- Create and file all necessary tax and financial forms for the company.
- Ensure audits are completed promptly with a quality product.
- Advise best practices and optimizations throughout accounting processes.
- Collaborate with finance personnel to develop approaches for creating more-accurate financial records and models for the company.
- Manage any and all audits on behalf of the company.
- Determine proper company filing schedule based on available information.
- Quality-assure and audit reports and filings for errors.
- Implement feedback and changes whenever possible.
- Create visualizations that convey accurate financial views of the project .
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an accounting-related field.
- Proficiency in accounting software and bookkeeping programs such as QuickBooks Online and TurboTax.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of two years experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial modeling.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
By using this Freelance Accountant job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Accountant job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Rhonda Ali - AUS
Thank you for this!!
Janette Bond - AUS
Respect for this document
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.