Eating Disorder Therapist Job Description
How do you write an Eating Disorder Therapist job description that stand out? Download this Eating Disorder Therapist job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job Therapist description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Eating Disorder Therapist Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
How do you write a job description for an Eating Disorder Therapist?
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Therapist with a background of working with Eating Disordered Clients or Mental Health Services to join the team at Eating Disorder Counselling and Support Service. Organization is an established and well-respected charity, providing evidence-based interventions to service users and their families for 25 years. The purpose of the Eating Disorder Therapist is to provide therapy to service users by providing the agency’s evidence-based treatment pathway within the community and therefore reduce the need for hospital based care. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does an Eating Disorder Therapist do?
- Ensuring that all activities and interventions are suitably recorded and in accordance with service users policies, procedures and national guidelines from NICE and as directed by the Management team.
- Effectively Assess, plan and review all stages of the service users’ treatment journey using designated tools and within agreed timescales.
- Provide individual therapy using the evidenced based CBT-e intervention with a broad range of psychosocial interventions.
- Deliver structured groupwork programmes for anorexia, bulimia eating disorders..
- Deliver Monthly service user and careers support groups.
- Support the service users throughout the treatment, ensuring that targets are set and reviewed.
- Liaise with relevant other person(s) and agencies to ensure the needs of the service users are met in order to facilitate change.
- Ensure that all safeguarding issues, including child protection and vulnerable adults, are dealt with in line with policies and procedures, and local and national statutory requirements.
- Attend regular monthly supervision.
- Produce relevant reports and action plans when required.
- Present a professional image and actively promote the service at all times to service users, other stakeholders, partnership organizations’ and the general public.
- First and foremost, students need to acquire their basic bachelor’s degree before they can take the steps necessary for becoming an eating disorder therapist. Remember that you’ll need to obtain a minimum of a master’s degree in order to apply for most serious and high-paying positions. Students should study areas like group dynamics, family therapy, personality, body image, and psychoanalytic therapy.
- Most experts recommend acquiring a doctoral degree in psychology, as this may drastically increase job outlook upon graduation. In order to increase the chances of getting accepted to the graduate school of your choice, it’s recommended that you take (and pass) both the psychology and general GRE examinations. In order to acquire a doctoral degree for eating disorder counseling, you will need to successfully write and submit a dissertation.
- As for the actual application process is concerned regarding graduate school, it will vary from institution to institution. Generally, there are two types of programs that you can choose from counseling psychology. They include: PhD and PsyD. The “PsyD” programs involve much more clinical work, and is generally recommended for pursuing a PhD.
- Other programs are considered “straight programs” because you’ll basically be applying directly for a PhD program out of graduate school. Once an individual acquires their Master’s degree, they can once again apply for a PhD program to receive their Doctorate. If you choose the latter, it’s important to join a lab so that you can get some hands-on experience as to what to expect from this career.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Wes Bass - AUS
Thank you, amazing!!
Stefanie Patel - AUS
Julianne Lang - DEU
I share a suggestion: Please continue the good work and make more nice templates!
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.