What makes a speech impactful? How do you do an impactful welcome speech? Download this Welcome Speech for your convenience.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
What makes a speech impactful? An effective Welcome Speech can make a great impression on your guests. A welcome speech is a speech made by the host of some program at the start of the ceremony. This welcome speech is made to welcome the guests and show warmth and gratitude. It is also made to pay regards to those guests who came to the event especially by taking their precious time out of their lives. A welcome speech is considered an important statement that determines the goals of the event along with providing a warm welcome to the guests. Use this Welcome Speech template for your inspiration when you need to create a Welcome Speech that is clear and concise.
How do you do an impactful welcome speech?
It is a ritual to start the speech by welcoming the guests before introducing them to the purpose of the event. The welcome speech is often ended when you introduce the next speaker of the ceremony after you have discussed the goals of the event and paying tribute to the guests for their valuable time. There are some guidelines that you must follow when making a welcome speech at the event:
- Start with a salutation by saying “A very pleasant Good Morning, Good Afternoon, or Good Evening to one and all,” and praising the guests for their valuable time. Thank you for being with us today. From our oldest members who’ve been diligently supporting us since the beginning as well as every new face to our 7th Annual Get-Together, we extend a warm welcome.
- Welcome and acknowledge any special guests if any
- Welcome the remaining guests as well and then state the name of the event
- Show appreciation: On behalf of my Team/Community/Group, I sincerely thank and acknowledge every one of you who extended help to us for making this event a grand success. (Include names you want to thank). Trust us, all of this would’ve been just a dream if not for your immense support.
- Pay regards to the event host for arranging such a wonderful event
- Give a precise introduction about the host
- Introduce the audience to the event being hosted by the host
- State the purpose of the event and the resultant expectations from the guests and the event itself
- Introduce the next speaker of the welcome ceremony
- Make everyone feel at home and anticipate them for coming to the event
These are some necessary steps required for you to follow when making a welcome speech. It is recommended that you follow these steps with keen care and change the tone of speech depending upon the type of event. If the event lies in the fun category, then opting for a lenient and fun behavior would be a plus for you. And if the event is highly professional and business-related then choosing a professional and formal tone would be a good idea to show your seriousness and interest in the event.
THE THEME OF THE EVENT
Today, I would like to point your attention to our fresh faces in the volunteer category who are part of our history since (include a date).
You are here today because we are asking for your support and contributions to our organization to realize (specify the vision/mission of the company/association/firm). We grow and scale successfully only with your dedication towards individual and group goals. You are an integral part of our success story and we need you as much as you need us.
In the coming months, you will learn and practice initiative programs via seminars and exclusive events designed to enhance your hands-on experience and professional skills.
FINALLY, THE CONCLUSION
Lastly, without taking any more of your time, I call (insert name of the next speaker) to introduce himself/herself to you as well as elaborate on the core details of ongoing and upcoming projects and contracts.
If you’re on the veranda, don’t hesitate to hit me up with a ‘Hi’ if you have any doubts. You’re all most welcome here (insert company name).
“On behalf of the school, I welcome our chief guest Mr. ABC, who is a dean of the most renowned institution functioning under the government. She is working towards connecting young minds to strive toward success and achievement. We are grateful to him for accepting our invitation and becoming a chief guest of today’s event.
Our chief guest doesn’t require an introduction as he is a well-recognized figure in our city. She is known for his wonderful administration and high achievements of the Institution she is in charge of. Apart from this, she is a Philanthropist and renders selfless services to society. She has molded the life of students and served people with her kindness.
We are so honored to have her as the Chief guest for the evening. I am certain that all the parents present here are also moved and assuredly want their children to be like her”.
Download this Welcome Speech template which is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format or check any other speech templates here. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Ashlyn Shepard(1/5/2022) - USA
I normally don t leave reviews, today I'm happy to find this file!
Tommye Wagner(1/2/2022) - USA
Thank you for this!!
Hana Hatfield(1/2/2022) - GBR
Useful file Bizzlibrary!
Our Latest Blog
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message