How do you write a rejection letter to an applicant? Download this sample rejection letter after interview template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
Sometimes it's part of the job to bring unpleasant news to talented -but not suitable- job candidates. In the end, there is only 1 person who is the best fit for the job. Not all job applications and resumes will receive positive answers, and that's only normal. A well-drafted rejection letter will the be next response you need to send out, and if kindly and positively written, it can soften the blow.
How do you write a rejection letter to an applicant?
When you need to send a job rejection letter to a candidate, consider this letter sample instead of starting the letter from scratch. Always make sure to write a courteous positive rejection letter, to ensure the candidate will have a positive impression and remembers your company for its prompt and polite reputation. Additionally, make sure your tone is prompt and thankful for their efforts.
Example rejection letter after the interview:
- Dear Applicant,
- Thank you for applying for our job opening.
- After carefully reviewing your qualifications, we have decided to pursue other candidates whom we feel more closely meet our needs at this time.
- We appreciate your interest in our company, and the time it took to apply with us.
- Please feel free to apply for open positions with us in the future.
- Again, thank you for considering us as a potential employer.
- We wish you success in your career pursuit.
- Hiring Manager
Common reasons to reject a job offer, due to:
- Personal reasons;
- High Salary requirements;
- Considered commuting/distance is too far;
- Many good candidates subscribed.
Our private, business, and legal letter and document templates are written and screened by professionals. If you need a quality letter, that is ready-made and can be easily customized with your company's name and letterhead and according to your situation, this sample letter will be a time saver.
Download this rejection letter after interview template now for your reference.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Colton Wheeler - GBR
Thank you kindly.
Deborah Bender - USA
The tips and suggestions are insightful
Sacha Buchanan - DEU
Thanks for the word file and your help
Heide Elliott - DEU
Mohammad Moody - GBR
Thank you for the Doc!
Hoa Bryant - USA
Many many thanks.
Kristopher Douglas - GBR
Merlene Madden - DEU
***** Very good!
Gricelda Colon - AUS
Thank you for all your hard work on this
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Job Applicant Rejection by Email
Employment Contract Rejection Letter Template
Academic Rejection Letter Example
Employment Contract Rejection Template
Rejection Scholarship Letter Template
Internship Rejection Letter Template
Job applicant rejection letter sample
Job Rejection Cover Email