KYC Analyst Job Description
How do I write a KYC Analyst Job Description? What does KYC AML analyst do? Download this KYC Analyst Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a KYC Analyst Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does KYC AML analyst do?
- Performing the due diligence on new Clients, requesting the KYC information, documentation, review and verification of received documentation and making an analytical risk assessment for new Clients.
- Thoroughly and succinctly document the research and analysis related to the financial activity and related entities of Clients, for an audience that includes Management, Regulators, Internal Audit, Senior Managers and Internal Compliance.
- Periodically evaluate existing Clients according to established policies and procedures.
- Periodical review of KYC records as to completeness, including verifying that due diligence has been performed and that CBC (due diligence) standards are complied with; also that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date.
- Investigating high risk clients and reporting where necessary, including Politically Exposed Persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete the client file.
- Process entries to open/close clients’ account on our KYC / Related Parties and CDD database, and instruct Client Desk to open/close the accounts on account level in Equation where applicable.
- Maintain continuous contact with customer in order to keep customer file updated.
- Process amended client’ records on our KYC / RP and CDD database.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents.
- Have a thorough understanding of client’s business and related parties in order to monitor client’s activities for unusual transactions.
- Perform further investigation on identified suspicious client and client’s transactions and report to KYC/AML compliance officer.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in law or business administration or country equivalent in a related discipline together with equivalent working experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in similar position.
- Can demonstrate experience in KYC work within the financial service industry.
- Good understanding of AML and CTF framework.
- Hedge fund industry and/or Trust business experience is an advantage.
- Experience with AML monitoring and screening is an advantage.
- Compliance qualification is an advantage.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills.
By using this KYC Analyst job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This KYC Analyst Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Vertie Manning - NZL
Thank you for this!!
Gladys Lynch - USA
I have received nice feedback from my friends
Luci Jarvis - AUS
Florentino Chandler - USA
Please continue the Excellent work, we all benefit from document templates you provide.
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process