IT Support Technician Job Description
How do you write an IT Support Technician job description? Download this Information Technology job description template and post your open vacancy in minutes
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Information Technology job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write an IT Support Technician job description?
A Computer Technician installs, evaluates, and maintains different types of computer systems, hardware, software, security, and networks. They diagnose and troubleshoot any malfunctions, perform upgrades, provide user support, and work to resolve technical issues. They have strong analytical and communication skills and are adept at problem-solving. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers.
- Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices.
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.).
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks.
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated.
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality.
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies.
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference.
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly.
- Proven experience as computer technician or similar role.
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Very good communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+) will be an advantage.
By using this IT Support Technician job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made IT Technician job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Aletha Curtis - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description