Construction Project Estimator Job Description
How do you write a Construction Project Estimator job description that stand out? Download this Construction Project Estimator job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Project Estimator job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Construction Project Estimator Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
How do you write a job description for a Construction Project Estimator?
We are looking for a thorough Construction estimator to calculate possible costs and gains of construction projects. You will collect and analyze data according to a series of useful variables. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable with numbers and analytical. You must have great attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The goal is to provide the company with accurate information that will help in operations and strategic planning. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Construction Project Estimator do?
- Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project/program at hand.
- Select metrics to produce valid estimates.
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues to gather essential information.
- Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data.
- Analyze data and produce forecasts.
- Perform risk analysis.
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties.
- Select advantageous deals by evaluating offers and quotes.
- Foster relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, architects etc.).
- Proven experience as construction estimator.
- Basic understanding of accounting and project management concepts.
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics.
- Comfortable with numbers and technology.
- Excellent knowledge of software like Timberline or HCSS HeavyBid.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Well-organized and reliable.
- BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant field.
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification will be a plus.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job. This Construction Project Estimator Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Karan Brady - DEU
Ardell Knight - GBR
The structure and content are great
Melynda Mcknight - AUS
The content is great
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.