Systems Architect Job Description
How to write a job description for a Systems Architect? What skills do you need to be a System Architect? Download this sample job description now.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a job description for a Systems Architect?
A Systems Architect is responsible for the architectural design, development, and implementation of the company’s information systems. They collaborate with other teams to recommend cost-effective combinations of IT components that are aligned with the company’s goals and objectives. Their duties include defining solutions based on user needs, conducting system design activities, and reviewing platforms and applications. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What skills do you need to be a System Architect?
- System architects are responsible for designing and implementing short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software. In addition, they must make sure that all planned and in-place system architectures are aligned with the specific firm’s goals. They provide their expertise and architectural assistance to other IT personnel including software teams, System Analysts and Engineers. They conduct research on new technologies in the field of systems development and create and develop plans for investing in such systems that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
- In this area of responsibility, System Architects design, create and monitor the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems. They also review new and existing system designs and make recommendations for improving or altering the systems. Negotiating and administering vendor and consultant contracts is also key in this area.
- System Architects consult with department heads and end-users to further infrastructure development. They develop and execute test plans to check technical performance of infrastructure and report findings. Based on findings, they make recommendations for improvement. They also develop policies for standardizing systems and manage many of the aspects of IT staffing.
- The System Architect is tasked with a balanced and focused development of the system and its maintenance no matter if requirements change. For example, if a reduction in cost is required, the System Architect must not sacrifice the system’s performance or reliability.
- According to our analysis of online job postings, most employers are seeking System Architect candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in areas such as computer science, engineering or information systems and eight to 10 years of related work experience.
- Candidates with associate’s degrees in related fields and at least 12 years of experience are also considered by some employers.
- Those candidates without a degree of any kind usually must have at least 15 years of related experience in an IT discipline, and the field is not as accessible to these candidates.
- The best path for someone with no degree to achieve a System Architect position would be to work his way up through a company to gain experience and recognition.
By using this Systems Architect job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Systems Architect job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Leena Davis(12/28/2021) - USA
Shanell Griffith(12/28/2021) - DEU
Thank you for the template, it will help me get everything I need for my upcoming move.
Carmelia Finley(12/28/2021) - AUS
Thelma Reilly(12/28/2021) - DEU
Thank you, you are a peach
Our Latest Blog
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Job Description Template
Job Description Template
Job Description Template
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description