Penetration Tester Job Description
What does a Penetration Tester do? What qualifications do you need to be a penetration tester? Download this Penetration Tester Job Description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job testing description is vital when finding suitable Penetration Tester job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample penetration tester job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What does a Penetration Tester do?
This Penetration Tester job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What qualifications do you need to be a penetration tester?
- As a penetration tester, you would be expected to conduct formal tests on web-based applications, networks, and other types of computer systems on a regular basis.
- You will also be expected to work on physical security assessments of servers, computer systems, and networks.
- Along with these tests and assessments, you’ll be conducting regular security audits from both a logical/theoretical standpoint and a technical/hands-on standpoint.
- In most jobs, you’ll be expected to work on the security of wireless networks, databases, software development, and/or company secrets.
- Each of these areas is different, and many people choose to specialize in only one or two of them.
- Previous working experience as a Penetration Testing Expert for year(s)
- BA in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or similar relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of application development processes and at least one programing or scripting language (e.g., Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, PowerShell).
- Hands on experience with testing frameworks such as the PTES and OWASP.
- Applicable knowledge of Windows client/server, Unix/Linux systems, Mac OS X, VMware/Xen, and cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
By using this Penetration Tester job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Penetration Tester Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Ninfa Fowler - GBR
Thank you for creating it
Natosha Nichols - USA
I am very happy to see find this template
Shoshana Bishop - AUS
Materials I was able to download are Sublime. This page is very useful
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process