A 2D animator draws illustrations and animations on design software. They are generally called graphic designers. Their job description is not just limited to drawing, but they also work for adding a 2 dimensional or 3-dimensional touch to a drawing. An artist brings an idea to life in the form of a drawing or illustration. Here we will provide some information about their responsibilities, along with a job description.
What are the responsibilities of a 2D animator?An artist is just not limited to making drawings but is also responsible for bringing the idea in the client’s mind to life. Here are mentioned duties of an artist:
- Illustrates the artwork
- Draws an idea in the form of art
- Collaborates with a team to discuss the projects
- Draws 2D 3D sculpts
- Creates graphics using mesh, map, and different modeling tools
- Draws visual animations
- Receives and incorporates feedback as an edit to the work
- Focusses on client’s requirements
- Views the project from the client’s perspective
- Draws realistic drawings for the artistic visual effects
- Troubleshoot any problems faced during a project
These are some of the job responsibilities for an artist. If you feel like being experienced in all of these mentioned responsibilities, then you are good to go for an artist’s job.
Sample 2D Animation Job description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample 2D animator job description that you may use in your job post:
We are looking for a creative Animator to develop excellent visual frames with 2D techniques. Your work will give life to storylines and characters in films, games, or videos. Animators possess a creative eye and artistic aptitude. They can easily turn a script or a concept into an impressive computer-generated animation. To excel in this role, you must be highly skilled in CGI software and storytelling.
Animators need to have a bachelor's in fine arts, computer animation, illustration, digital arts, media arts, or communications or a master's of fine arts in animation or visual effects.
- Read scripts and storylines to understand animation requirements.
- Prepare presentations with raw designs to customers.
- Develop storyboards for the initial stages of production.
- Create models, drawings, and illustrations by hand or electronically.
- Join images with background graphics and special effects.
- Ensure synchronization of frames and audio.
- Participate in the editing process.
- Direct the work of animation assistants.
Download the complete 2D animation job description in MS word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Lovie Torres - GBR
Thanks for helping me with such a useful document
Darryl Bowers - DEU
Thank you Bizzlibrary for making my mornings in the office brighter every day!
Davida Adams - USA
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.