Data Entry Job Description
How do you write a Data Entry job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By using this sample job description template, you will have a head start.
How to write a Data Entry job description?
Data Entry Operators collect, verify, and input data into the company databases and systems. Their duties include managing data that is confidential, maintaining and updating records, and generating various reports. Data entry operators are known for their fast-typing skills and precision in reviewing the information for any discrepancies. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Insert customer and account data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents within time limits.
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Apply data program techniques and procedures.
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations.
- Scan documents and print files, when needed.
- Keep information confidential.
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and address any malfunctions.
- Proven data entry work experience, as a Data Entry Operator or Office Clerk.
- Experience with MS Office and data programs.
- Familiarity with administrative duties.
- Experience using office equipment, like fax machine and scanner.
- Typing speed and accuracy.
- Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Attention to detail.
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
- High school diploma; additional computer training or certification will be an asset.
By using this Data Entry job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Data Entry job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Jaime Mccormick - DEU
I’m so grateful for the template you sent to me, close to finishing the document
Ann Carpenter - NZL
Many many thanks.
Great job description
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description