Operator Picker Job Description
What does a Picker Operator do? What is the role of picker and packer? Download this logistics Operator Picker Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective logistics job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What does a Picker Operator do?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What is the role of picker and packer?
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized.
- Packing incoming stock away, taking inventory and reporting shortages.
- Keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Picking orders as requested by management.
- Sealing and tagging containers, confirming accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to shipping area.
- Placing containers on pallets, and securing with stretch wrap, shrink wrap and strapping.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks and forklifts.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Assisting in maintaining security of warehouse.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse range of people.
- Proficient with using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Proficient organizational skills.
By using this Operator Picker job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Operator Picker Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Mae Graves - GBR