The animal care provider is responsible for the proper health and physical fitness of the animals. An animal care provider is also called a veterinarian. He makes sure an animal is out of any kind of physical stress that may lead towards any sickness or illness. He keeps an eye on the vaccination of the animals according to the proper schedule. Following are mentioned the duties of an animal care provider.
What does an animal care worker do?
The animal care worker is responsible for:
- Providing proper food and water to animals according to their needs.
- Provide proper and neat housing to the animal.
- Provide proper space to animals (if proper space according to animal size is not available, animals may come under stress and lead to sickness).
- Disinfection and fumigation of the animal housing at a proper time interval to keep the hygiene.
- Vaccination of animals on time according to the recommended schedule.
- Cleaning and grooming of the animals on time.
- Monitor the daily diet and physical activity of the animal and maintain a record of it.
- Observe any behavioral change in animals.
- Physical examination of the animal at proper intervals to check for any kind of subclinical disease.
- Proper medication, treatment, and care of the animal during its sickness.
Animal Care Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample job description that you may use in your job post.
An animal care worker’s primary goal is to provide quality care for animals. They exercise, feed, bathe and/or groom them. If caged, they disinfect and clean animals to keep them safe and healthy. They interact with animals, play with them, and observe their behavior. They may record any information needed on the animal’s overall health. For example, they look for noticeable illness, depression, or other symptoms that may require further care. Animal care workers also train animals to respond to certain commands. Some even specialize in training animals for the disabled or security.
- Provides food and water for all animals. Responsible for the correct identity and quantities of various foods for each animal following a specified or special schedule.
- Observe animals be continually aware of appearance, behavioral or health changes take corrective action, and inform management, veterinarian personnel, or owner as necessary.
- Administers medication to animals as prescribed by the Veterinarian. Cleans and sanitizes stalls, kennels, petting zoo, common areas, and loft regularly to assure clean and sanitary conditions at all times.
- Performs various maintenance and repair tasks when necessary. Reports major repairs and assures adequate corrective action. Provides adequate security at all times for animals and premises.
- Responsible for the health and security of animals always. Responsible for adequate supplies and maintenance of correct schedule for the care of animals.
- Responsible for adequate maintenance and clean, sanitary condition of animals and premises.
Download the complete Animal Care Job Description in MS word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Rutha Holder - DEU
Rosaura Glover - GBR
Thank you for this!!
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?