Data Warehouse Developer Job Description
How do you write a Data Warehouse Developer job description that stand out? Download this Data Warehouse Developer job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
How do you write a job description for a Data Warehouse Developer?
A data warehouse refers to a system structure that houses data from a wide range of sources pertaining to a particular organization, company, or business. A data warehouse is used to pull together data from these sources for the purpose of reporting and analyzing. These reports are then used to push forward important decisions, policies, and/or guidelines Looking at it more comprehensively, a data warehouse helps consolidate data from either a physical or a logical data system. The main idea behind a data warehouse is to provide a link between existing data systems.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Data Warehouse Developer do?
- Creating, designing and developing data models.
- Prepare plans for all ETL (Extract/Transformation/Load) procedures and architectures.
- Validating results and creating business reports.
- Monitoring and tuning data loads and queries.
- Develop and prepare a schedule for a new data warehouse.
- Analyze large databases and recommend appropriate optimization for the same.
- Administer all requirements and design various functional specifications for data.
- Provide support to the Software Development Life cycle.
- Prepare various code designs and ensure efficient implementation of the same.
- Evaluate all codes and ensure the quality of all project deliverables.
- Monitor data warehouse work and provide subject matter expertise.
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools e.g., DataStage, Informatica, Pentaho, Talend.
- Sound knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle, DB2, and SQL.
- Experience using Data Warehouse platforms e.g., SAP, Birst.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing Data Warehouse solutions.
- Project management and system development methodology.
- Ability to proactively research solutions and best practices.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job.
This Data Warehouse Developer Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Tiara Cowan - GBR
HAPPY To know your templates!
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description