Senior Firmware Engineer Job Description
How do you write a Sr Firmware Engineering job description? What does a Firmware Engineer do? Download this job description and post your vacancy in minutes
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective R&D Information Technology Firmware Engineering job description is essential when recruiting new IT staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a Senior Firmware Engineering job description?
A Firmware Engineer integrates hardware and firmware by creating and installing software that allows electronic hardware devices to serve their purpose. Their duties include analyzing the needs and design of the firmware, reviewing code and recommending improvements, performing testing and troubleshooting, and consulting with other teams on design and technical issues. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does a Firmware Engineer do?
- Specifying, designing, implementing, releasing, and supporting embedded software products for R&D software development department.
- Participating in embedded design projects from concept to production.
- Developing utilities, using C/C++, scripting in support of the embedded system development process using Linux.
- Supervising junior level developers or contract personnel in a senior level design/development role.
- Leading small interdisciplinary teams in completion of embedded software engineering project.
- Writing and executing Engineering / System test plan-cases.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical Engineering or equivalent field.
- Must have experience with Linux and embedded RTOS, including experience with 32-bit microprocessor architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers.
- Must have experience with Wireless and Wired technology viz. Ethernet (TCP/IP), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular.
- Experience with product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor-based systems, and firmware design.
By using this Firmware Engineering job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Firmware Engineering job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Keila Mcclure - USA
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job