Insurance Clerk Job Description
How do I write a Insurance Clerks Job Description? What are the requirements for clerk job? Download this Insurance Clerks Job Description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective insurance job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample insurance clerks job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Insurance Clerks Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the requirements for clerk job?
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
- Compare information from application to criteria for policy reinstatement and approve reinstatement when criteria are met.
- Compose business correspondence for supervisors, managers and professionals.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them account status or changes.
- Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
- Interview clients and take their calls in order to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
- Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
- Obtain computer printout of policy cancellations or retrieve cancellation cards from file.
- Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
- Process and record new insurance policies and claims. .
- Insurance clerks typically don’t need more education than a high school diploma.
- Some employers prefer candidates with an associate’s degree or higher.
- Insurance clerks don’t need any kind of extra certification, but previous training in insurance billing always helps.
By using this Insurance Clerks job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Insurance Clerks Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Ella Bray - NZL
document in the document I downloaded goes beyond the stars
Desirae Christensen - NZL
In Sha Allah, thanks
Laurie Miller - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description