Remote Administrative Assistant Job Description
How do you write a Remote Administrative Assistant job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when finding new job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By using this sample job description template, you will have a head start.
How to write a Remote Administrative Assistant job description?
With the globalization of many companies, there has been an increase in employees working from remote locations. A Remote Administrative Assistant can perform the administrative functions of a traditional secretary without needing to hire someone to work at a physical office. Remote administrative assistants possess strong communication skills and are proficient in using online communication tools. They are also adept at organizing, multi-tasking, and paying attention to detail.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Respond to emails and phone calls.
- Schedule meetings.
- Book travel and accommodations.
- Manage a contact list.
- Prepare customer spreadsheets and keep online records.
- Organize managers’ calendars.
- Perform market research.
- Create presentations, as assigned.
- Address employees administrative queries.
- Provide customer service as first point of contact.
- Proven experience as a Virtual Assistant or relevant role.
- Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing, cloud services and VoIP.
- Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office).
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (e.g. Google Calendar).
- Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- High school diploma; additional qualifications as an Administrator or Executive Assistant are a plus.
By using this Remote Administrative Assistant job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Remote Administrative Assistant template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Marylyn Mcintyre - GBR
Grateful!! Good content
Cassy Atkinson - AUS
I am very happy to see find this file
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description