IT Manager Job Description
How do you write a IT manager job description? When looking for a IT manager job description you can always download and use this one.
.docx (0.02 MB)
A job description is often a candidate's first introduction to your business. Therefore, it's important to do everything you can to ensure a good first impression. A job description will also introduce to them the most important aspects of a job and its requirements.
How do you write an IT Manager job description?
When writing a job description you need to be as thorough as possible. The reader should know exactly what you're looking for and whether they're the right person for the job. Your description needs:
A Job Title:
The Job Title is a brief description (1-4 words) of the job which reflects the content, purpose, and scope of the job and is consistent with other job titles of similar roles within your company.
A Job Purpose:
The Job Purpose gives a good overview of the role, level, and scope of responsibility. It should consist of three or four sentences providing a basic understanding. Explain exactly what the job entails.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
What are the IT manager's roles and responsibilities? This section contains a description of the duties and responsibilities assigned to the job; also referred to as the essential functions. They describe the fundamental nature of the job which occupies a large proportion of the employee’s time. Some items to consider:
- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Overseeing the annual IT budget and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
IT Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including server, office, and exchange.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours.
After downloading this sample IT Manager Job description and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your job description. If this isn't the right job description that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other job descriptions that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Gilda Hubbard - USA
Great it job description
Henriette Perry - NZL
The file is very excellent
Melodie Haynes - GBR
Thank you for this work
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process