An effective job description is vital when finding suitable Payroll Analyst job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample Payroll Analyst job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I become a Payroll Analyst?
This sample Payroll Analyst job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does a payroll analyst do?
- Review timesheets and attendance records and correct inaccuracies.
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits and garnishments.
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses.
- Oversee payroll transactions (e.g. via e-banking).
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records.
- Process benefit costs, like insurance fees and sick leaves.
- Design, document and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes.
- Manage payment calendars for the fiscal year.
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes.
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax.
- Stay up-to-date on state and federal payroll and tax laws.
- Proven experience as a Payroll Analyst, Payroll Coordinator or similar role.
- Deep knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations.
- Hands-on experience with payroll software (like Oracle and Kronos).
- Familiarity using Excel and spreadsheets.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- The ability to work under tight deadlines.
- BSc in Human Resources Management, Accounting or relevant field.
By using this Payroll Analyst job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Payroll Analyst Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Chin Howard - AUS
I didn't know how to begin the letter, This file provided me what I needed
Bettie Ruiz - GBR
I'm very busy, and this template really helped a lot.
Lidia Villa - GBR
Thank you for the Doc!!
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description