Freelance Accounting Clerk Job Description
How do you write a job description for Virtual Accountant or Bookkeeper? Download this Accountant job description template now and post your vacancy in minutes
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a Freelance Accountant job description?
A Freelance Bookkeeper is responsible for recording the financial transactions of a business by maintaining accurate and up-to-date books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They perform tasks such as developing monthly financial statements, making general ledger entries, and processing payments, receipts, and invoices. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the responsibilities of a Virtual Accountant?
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions.
- Update and maintain the general ledger.
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system.
- Recording of debits and credits.
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers.
- Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions.
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements.
- Monitor any variances from the projected budget.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Understanding accounting best practices.
- Knowledge of IFRS, U.S GAAP, or another accounting framework.
- Data entry skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy.
- Professionalism and organization skills.
- Associates degree or at least one year of experience.
- Knowledge of XERO, Quickbooks, Zoho, Fresh Books, or other applications.
By using this Remote or Freelance Accountant job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Bookkeeper job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Elana Ortiz - GBR
Will use the website more and recommended it to my friends.