Accountant sample covering letter
How do you write an engaging Accountant covering letter? When writing a accountant letter, check out and download this accountant sample covering letter now
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.01 MB)
Do you want to apply for an accountant position in a firm? The accounting industry is competitive, so whenever you submit a job application, you want to know that yours stands out. That means ensuring your cover letter is impressive, succinct and unique, while simultaneously aware of accounting sector practice and the high level of professionalism expected by colleagues and clients alike.
How do you write an engaging Accountant covering letter when you are applying for a new job?
A good accounting cover letter has the capacity to set you apart from your competitors, so here’s your guide to writing it.
Accounting cover letter do's:
- Do keep it short. One page is the maximum for cover letters, with the ideal length between 250 - 350 words, or around four paragraphs
- Do address your cover letter to the right organization, and correct member of staff
- Do tailor or customize your accounting cover letter for every role you apply for
- Do pluck out the best bits of your resume to use throughout your cover letter
- Do show that you’ve done research about the company or organization
- Do show some personality. What’s unique and hire-able about you?
- Do end your cover letter by thanking the employer for their time
- Do always run a thorough spelling and grammar check before submitting your cover letter
Accounting cover letter don'ts:
- Don’t use out-dated or unprofessional contact details. Always use the most recent, most relevant, and the most professional
- Don’t use company-specific language or terminology. Stick to what is known and understood at an industry level
- Don’t simply copy or rewrite your resume in your accountant cover letter
- Don’t call out skills or experience gaps in your cover letter. If this needs explaining, it can be done later in your resume
- Don’t include irrelevant information. Consider the role, the company and what they want most from candidates.
- Focus on these areas in your cover letter
I introduce myself as a Degree Name in commerce, having Number of years years of experience in accounting jobs like Accounts receivable & Accounts payables, cash flow management , handling of petty cash, Bank Reconciliation, supplier & customer reconciliation , preparation of projected cash flow statement , MIS report ,weekly forecast ,monthly closing of accounts , Auditing , Budgeting etc.
This is to be complimented by the good working knowledge of the computer application and accounting software like MS Office, Tally, Peachtree, ICG Manager, and Oracle.
I can best describe myself as an honest, dedicated, flexible, hardworking and creative person, looking forward for an opening best suited for my qualification, character and experience which I feel can contribute to the growth of an organization.
Looking forward for a favorable response.
Download this Accountant sample letter to get a good basis for your own. Add your personal information and it's ready to send out. Don't forget to look through our website to look for other financial cover letters that you could use for your business.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Deja Crane(3/8/2021) - USA
Not disapointing, I am glad to find this page
Our Latest Blog
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Resume Cover Letter Example
Unit Controller cover letter
Entry Level Web Designer Application Letter
Entry Level Resume Template
Entry Level Office Assistant Cover Letter
Entry Level Marketing Job Cover Letter
Email Job Application Cover Letter
Email Cover Letter for flight attendant position
Format for an email cover letter
Cover letter for the application via email
Cover letter for elementary teachers
Posted Vacancy Response Cover Letter
Cover Letter Respons to Job Post
Work Service Job Application