Finance Intern Job Description
How do you write a Finance Intern job description that stand out? Download this Finance Intern job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Finance Intern job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Finance Intern Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
What is a good job description for a Finance Intern?
We are looking for a driven Financial Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Financial Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other financial activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.To be a strong candidate for an Financial Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Finance Intern do?
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Some companies may require a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Rochell Hancock - USA
Jesusita Griffin - USA
I share a tip with you, go on and make more nice templates!
Margert Coffey - NZL
Easy and quick to modify