Finance Intern Job Description
How do you write a Finance Intern job description that stand out? Download this Finance Intern job description for your convenience.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Finance Intern job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Finance Intern Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
What is a good job description for a Finance Intern?
We are looking for a driven Financial Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Financial Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other financial activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.To be a strong candidate for an Financial Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Finance Intern do?
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Some companies may require a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Margert Coffey(12/27/2021) - NZL
Easy and quick to modify
Jesusita Griffin(12/27/2021) - USA
I share a tip with you, go on and make more nice templates!
Rochell Hancock(12/27/2021) - USA
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description