Laboratory Report Format
How do you write a lab report? What is the format of the typical laboratory report? Download this Laboratory Report Format template now to learn more.
.docx (0.02 MB)
A laboratory report describes the outcome of a scientific experiment and provides a formal record of the hypothesis and raw data included in the report. The purpose of the lab report is to demonstrate the person’s understanding of the data, method, results and concepts by performing and evaluating a practical lab experiment. These types of reports can usually be found in the sectors of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
What is the format of the typical laboratory report?
The structure of a laboratory report usually includes the following sections:
- Title – clearly expresses what the study is about and includes the variables being investigated
- Abstract – provides a brief comprehensive summary of the research aims, methods, results and conclusions
- Introduction – explains the context needed to understand the topic or hypothesis in general terms
- Method – describes the materials, parameters and procedures used in the experiment
- Results – presents the descriptive and inferential statistical analyses
- Discussion – outlines the findings, interprets and evaluates results and identifies limitations
- Conclusion – a concise summary of the main findings of the experiment
- References – lists of all sources cited in the report
- Appendices – contains detailed materials, raw data, procedures, calculations, tables or figures
By incorporating these elements, you can be sure of a good start. This Laboratory Report Format template is ready-made, printable and customizable, which makes it easy to create your own look and feel, regardless of what industry you’re in. Just download this Laboratory Report Format template in Google Docs, MS Word format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Bonnie Sullivan - DEU
Easy to use website
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.