Artist Job Description
What are the duties and responsibilities of an artist? What type of job is an artist? Get everything to know here and download Artist Job Description.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An artist draws illustrations and animations on design software. They are generally called graphic designers. Their job description is not just limited to drawing, but they also work for adding a 2 dimensional or 3-dimensional touch to a drawing. An artist brings an idea to life in the form of a drawing or illustration. Here we will provide some information about their responsibilities, along with a job description.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an artist?An artist is just not limited to making drawings but is also responsible for bringing the idea in the client’s mind to life. Here are mentioned duties of an artist:
- Illustrates the artwork
- Draws an idea in the form of art
- Collaborates with a team to discuss the projects
- Draws 2D 3D sculpts
- Creates graphics using mesh, map, and different modeling tools
- Draws visual animations
- Receives and incorporates feedback as an edit to the work
- Focusses on client’s requirements
- Views the project from the client’s perspective
- Draws realistic drawings for the artistic visual effects
- Troubleshoot any problems faced during a project
These are some of the job responsibilities for an artist. If you feel like being experienced in all of these mentioned responsibilities, then you are good to go for an artist’s job.
Sample Artist Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample Artist job description that you may use in your job post.
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented production artist to help us establish and maintain our brand. The production artist's responsibilities include reviewing final copy, layouts, and content, ensuring brand standards, and putting the finishing touches on creative projects.
To be a successful production artist, you should be creative, computer savvy, and meticulous. Ultimately, a top-notch production artist is an expert with digital interfaces, can work well under stress and keep to deadlines, and has a keen eye for details, no matter how small.
- Working with product managers to refine design specifications and collaborating with art directors, designers, and developers.
- Reviewing graphics, layouts, and fonts before designs are completed.
- Using editing software to finalize designs.
- Suggesting and making improvements to images and image quality in print and digital formats.
- Preparing press-ready files based on the supplied specifications.
- Following the development, timelines to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Troubleshooting any problems with the design team and the printer.
- Cataloging produced images and graphics for future projects.
- Following up with clients to ensure their expectations have been met.
- Keeping up-to-date with graphic design trends, techniques, and software.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Katerine Cunningham - DEU
Florencio Norman - AUS
Great for artists!
Eleonor Ritter - AUS
The structure and content are great
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.