ETL Developer Job Description
How do you write a job description for an ETL Developer? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write an ETL Developer job description?
ETL stands for ‘extract, transform, load.’ An ETL Developer identifies data storage requirements, creates a data warehouse system for companies, extracts and transforms company data, and loads that system with the data that needs to be stored. They are also responsible for testing and troubleshooting the system before it goes live. ETL developers have strong design and programming skills and are knowledgeable about warehouse architecture. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Consulting with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of the company’s data storage needs.
- Presenting the company with warehousing options based on their storage needs.
- Designing and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications.
- Conducting preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted.
- Extracting company data and transferring it into the new warehousing environment.
- Testing the new storage system once all the data has been transferred.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Providing maintenance support.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of coding languages, including Java, XML, and SQL.
- Proficiency in warehousing architecture techniques, including MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, DM, and EDW.
- Proven work experience as an ETL developer.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to analyze a company’s big-picture data needs.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
By using this ETL Developer job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made ETL Developer job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Haydee Shepherd(12/20/2021) - USA
Camelia Griffith(12/20/2021) - DEU
Thank you for the Doc!!
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description