A welcome speech is a speech made by the host of some program at the start of the ceremony. This welcome speech is made to welcome the guests and show warmth and gratitude. It is also made to pay regards to those guests who came to the event especially by taking their precious time out of their lives. A welcome speech is considered an important statement that determines the goals of the event along with providing a warm welcome to the guests.
How do you start a college welcome speech?
It is a ritual to start the speech by welcoming the guests before introducing them to the purpose of the event. The welcome speech is often ended when you introduce the next speaker of the ceremony after you have discussed the goals of the event and paying tribute to the guests for their valuable time. There are some guidelines that you must follow when making a welcome speech at the event:
- Start by saying “good morning” and praising the guests for their valuable time
- Welcome and acknowledge any special guests if any
- Welcome the remaining guests as well and then state the name of the event
- Pay regards to the event host for arranging such a wonderful event
- Give a precise introduction about the host
- Introduce the audience to the event being hosted by the host
- State the purpose of the event and the resultant expectations from the guests and the event itself
- Introduce the next speaker of the welcome ceremony
- Make everyone feel at home and anticipate them for coming to the event
These are some necessary steps required for you to follow when making a welcome speech. It is recommended that you follow these steps with keen care and change the tone of speech depending upon the type of event. If the event lies in the fun category, then opting for a lenient and fun behavior would be a plus for you. And if the event is highly professional and business-related then choosing a professional and formal tone would be a good idea to show your seriousness and interest in the event.
Sample welcome speech for college function:
To provide you an idea of what we are guiding you, we are providing you a welcome speech for the college function. Some portion of the sample speech is attached herewith:
Good morning to all of you.
Honorable Guest Mr. _________, Chairman _________, Principal Sir _______, teachers and my dear classmates, all of you are warmly welcomed at our college’s annual function.
My name is Joe and I am a student of class II and also the secretary of this cultural program.
Today I am very happy to tell you that today our college has completed 25 years and today we are celebrating Silver Jubilee. We all know that today is an important day for our college.
If you think that this speech could be helpful for you and if it fits directly to your needs. Then you are free to download the welcome speech for college function in the form of welcome speech for college function.docx. There are several welcome speeches posted on our website. Head to the other pages to get some useful content.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
France Lozano - GBR
Cristi Allison - AUS
I worried about starting from scratch, this sample is excellent to help me
Rae Owens - NZL
Grateful and many thanks.
Svetlana Cooke - NZL
Great content from your webiste sir
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process