Freelance Audio Editor Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Audio Editor? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Audio Editor?
A Freelance Audio Editor assembles and synchronizes music to scenes in movies or videos. This job entails knowing how to integrate sound and control the volume to achieve the desired results. They are responsible for editing, listening, reviewing, mixing, eliminating errors, and the overall level of sound quality. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the responsibilities of a Freelance Audio Editor?
- Record, edit, mix, and master audio.
- Edit and clean raw audio files (remove noise, glitches, inconsistencies, mistakes, etc.).
- Contribute to the overall success of all audio productions.
- Assist in creating and maintaining the sound, tone, and style of shows.
- Lead recording in-studio or remote sessions when necessary.
- Work closely with production team to meet deadlines.
- Create timely and effective workflow processes.
- 2 - 5 years experience working in audio or relevant media experience.
- Professional level audio editing skills (Adobe Audition preferred).
- Familiarity of recording studio technology, audio production workflows and remote recording protocols.
- Patience for fine-tuning audio and delivering multiple rounds of revisions.
- Ability to communicate creative ideas clearly.
- Passionate about securing the best quality audio possible.
- Hungry to learn new audio related skills.
- Music composition and/or sound design experience and skills are a plus.
By using this Freelance Audio Editor job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Audio Editor job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Jessie Sandoval - USA
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process