Mortgage Loan Officer Job Description
How do you write a Mortgage Loan Officer job description? What are the job responsibilities of a Mortgage Loan Officer? Download this sample job description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective mortgage banking job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a Mortgage Loan Officer job description?
A Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for evaluating and processing mortgage loan applications within specified limits. Their duties include visiting clients to identify their needs and determine their creditworthiness, researching applicants’ financial status, and recommending the approval or rejection of mortgage loan applications. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the job responsibilities of a Mortgage Loan Officer?
- Collect financial information (e.g. taxes, debts).
- Evaluate creditworthiness and eligibility for obtaining a mortgage loan.
- Interview clients.
- Guide clients through mortgage loan options.
- Prepare and submit mortgage loan applications.
- Ensure data are in line with national and local financial rules.
- Monitor and report on application processes.
- Inform clients about loan approval or rejection.
- Help resolve problems with applications.
- Research new mortgage loan policies .
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws and confidentiality policies throughout the process.
- Build a supportive referral network (e.g. with clients, lenders, real estate agents).
- Experience as a mortgage loan officer or in a similar role.
- Previous experience in sales or customer support is an asset.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan computer software (e.g. Calyx Point).
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Great mathematical and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliability and honesty.
- A valid license is a must.
- Degree in Finance or Business is a plus.
By using this Mortgage Loan Officer job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Mortgage Loan Officer job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Mirta Watson - DEU
Good document format!
Aleta Castaneda - GBR
I remember this website from before, never dissapointing.