Leave of Absence Request for vacation
How to write a formal leave request? If you wish to take a vacation leave, probably well-earned after a year or work, it's best to announce well in advance
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
There could be many reasons why you suddenly cannot get to work on time, or at all. Whether you need urgent leave for personal reasons, or you must help your family or friends with serious health issues, or to further your education, leaves are often granted for the right reasons. If you can be flexible and reasonable towards your organization, they will act towards that principle as well when you depend on it yourself.
How to write a formal leave request for vacation to go back to your hometown?
If you wish to take up your annual leave, or vacation leave, that you probably have earned after a year or work, it's best to announce this well in advance. Also, it's important to coordinate the leave with other colleagues, so the urgent and important work will be done. Most companies allow their employees to receive credit for their earned leave on a (semi-)monthly basis, and the amount of leave days accrued is based on years of service.
Follow the following steps in order to get approval for your leave:
- One of the first things to do is to check your companies' policy;
- The objective of writing this letter is to request a period of leave for a temporary or permanent leave. It will mainly depend on the reason you apply for leave, whether or not you want to use a formal intonation.
- There are some companies that require an online form filled out and others accept an email. This leave for vacation request template could still help you out and you copy-paste the content in your email or form.
- Make sure you request is complete with your dates of vacation and mention specifically it’s for vacation purpose.
- Be sincere and polite in the letter.
- Check your grammar and spelling of the content that you added.
- Confirm if HR and your boss received (and read) it.
- Return back to your position in time, if you want to be sure to avoid future problems…
Sample content Leave of Absence Request letter:
Dear Mr./Mrs. [NAME HR MANAGER/BOSS],
I would like to officially inform you regarding my absence from the office for [##] weeks. [Reason] I would be going for a vacation to [LOCATION] in order to avail of my annual leave allowance provided by the company. I have sufficient hours accumulated to cover this time off. I am leaving on [DATE LEAVE] and returning on [DATE RETURN].In the meantime, I have discussed my request with my colleagues and my tasks will be taken care of by [NAME COLLEAGUE] in my absence who will be submitting the weekly reports to you at regular intervals. I am available on my phone [T +00000000] and email: [[email protected]], in case you need to contact me for important questions. I hope you will consider my request and grant me leaves for the above-mentioned dates. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Looking forward to your approval.
Time to ‘leave’! We hope this letter template helps ‘leaving’ a good impression on your boss. Download this Vacation Leave Letter template now!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Charolette Mitchell(8/1/2022) - DEU
Marylyn Higgins(10/26/2020) - NZL
I normally don t leave reviews, today I'm happy to find this file!
Hertha Escobar(9/15/2020) - USA
Thank you for the template
Our Latest Blog
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Leave request letter template
Leave Of Absence
Retirement Letter sample
Sabbatical Leave Request
Doctor's Note for Work Absence Template
Leaving Job At Critical Time Letter
Leave application for marriage ceremony
Cousin marriage leave
Leave Letter for My Wedding
Wedding anniversary leave request
Leave application for brother marriage
Leave application for honeymoon
Leave for marriage anniversary to boss
Leave Letter Nikah