Graphic Designer Responsibilities
How to write job description for graphic design position? Download this Graphic Designer Contract Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How to write job description for graphic design position?
In general, Graphic designers make visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetic way. This sample designer job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Using industry software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator to create visual designs;
- Understanding and interpreting client briefs;
- Attending client meetings to discuss expectations and desired outcomes of design;
- Presenting draft designs to clients for feedback;
- Supporting clients and/or the business to understand the impact of graphic design;
- Working with creative colleagues such as copywriters and social media experts;
- Ensuring that design work is aligned with other methods of communication;
- Working on a range of design pieces, from social media posts to packaging design and full-scale branding projects;
- Solving problems for clients such as helping them to communicate with their customers more efficiently;
- Understand the commercial value of graphic design.
- Proven graphic designing experience;
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics;
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop);
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines;
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus.
By using this Graphic Design job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Graphic Design Contract Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Floria Watkins(12/19/2021) - NZL
Thank you for this!!
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description