Insurance Sales Rep Job Description
How do you write a job description for an Insurance Sales Rep? What are the responsibilities of an Insurance Sales Representative? Download this sample job description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job insurance sales rep description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for an Insurance Sales Rep?
An Insurance Sales Representative identifies sales opportunities and advises customers on insurance policies that best suit their needs. They maintain relationships with existing clients and help to source new clients to expand the company’s customer base. They usually possess strong communication skills, persuasive qualities and are customer-oriented. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the responsibilities of an Insurance Sales Representative?
- Design and implement effective marketing strategies to sell new insurance contracts or adjust existing ones.
- Contact potential clients and create rapport by networking, cold calling, using referrals etc.
- Appraise the wishes and demands of business or individual customers and sell the suitable protection plans.
- Collect information from clients on their risk profiles in order to offer them the proper solution.
- Prepare reports to shareholders on the success of your business endeavors.
- Retain continuous awareness of transactions, sales and terms and keep relative records.
- Check insurance claims to solidify trust and safeguard reputation.
- Frequently replenish job-specific knowledge and apply it on the field.
- Fulfill all company-established policy obligations.
- Proven experience as an Insurance Sales Representative.
- Good comprehension of insurance plans including automobile, fire, life, property, medical etc.
- Ability to work with computers and understand and interpret standard statistical findings.
- Excellent skills in communication and presentation.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships.
- High school or BSc degree.
By using this ,Insurance Sales Representative Job Description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Insurance Sales Rep job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Antoine Summers - DEU
Thank you for this!!
Micheal Crane - NZL
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job