Litigation Specialist Job Description
How do I write a Litigation Specialists Job Description? Download this Litigation Specialists Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Litigation Specialist Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments.
- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court.
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organise case files, manage logistics etc).
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes.
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices.
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests.
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties.
- Help with voir dire, jury selection and witnesses preparation.
- Provide assistance with case settlements.
- Proven working experience as a Litigation Paralegal.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc.
- Highly organised with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail.
- Extensive computer and database expertise.
- Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification.
By using this Litigation Specialists job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Litigation Specialists Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Lynna Joseph - DEU
Very useful sheet!
Our Latest Blog
- How to Write Loan Contracts?
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA