Bridge Inspector Job Description
How to become a bridge inspector? What does a bridge inspector do? Find out and download Bridge Inspector Job Description right now!
.docx (0.02 MB)
A bridge inspector is usually a person that holds a degree in civil engineering. He is a construction specialist and inspects the condition of the bridge. He guides the builders during the construction of the bridge by inspecting different influencing parameters i.e., height, depth, and flexibility of the bridge, etc. below are mentioned job descriptions of a bridge inspector. They also suggest if any kind of repair is needed. These repairs usually include filling the cracks in the supporting pillars and underground base of the bridge.
What does a Bridge Inspector do?
Here is mentioned a list of duties a bridge inspector performs:
- The help of the builders at the construction site
- Analyzes the condition of the bridge to make it safe for public and transport
- Analyzes the complete structure, design, infrastructure, durability of the construction material and guides the construction engineers
- in case of natural disaster i.e., earthquakes, and floods conduct a complete examination of the bridge base, supporting pillars, and wires and report if any repair is needed
- prepares the report of the inspection and addresses what kinds of repairs and changes are needed in the bridge
- identification of minor issues that may lead towards a major problem later and suggest the repairing strategies.
- Helps assess the age and half-life of the bridge.
Bridge Inspector Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample job description that you may use in your job post.
Bridge inspectors use strict standards and specifications to ensure a bridge is safe for public use. A bridge's deck, superstructure, and substructure are evaluated. Specific methods of inspection are determined by a variety of criteria, such as a bridge's type and age. According to the Missouri Department of Transportation, most bridges require repairs after inspection. Common repairs include cleaning, replacing rotten wood, and fixing cracks in concrete. Some bridge inspectors become SCUBA-certified to perform underwater substructure inspections. Bridges are given numerical ratings and may be subject to closing if an inspector finds particularly poor conditions.
- Monitor new field inspectors' performance and lead them into Bechtel's management program.
- Conduct construction GPS to record quantities and to assure project quality assurance.
- Review layout of bridge components, approach slabs, and retaining walls abutments.
- Verify NCDOT bridge design plans to ensure span lengths, materials, and directions match with WIGINSinformation.
- Inspect furnace tubes of start-up heaters and auxiliary boilers using eddy current and ultrasonic NDT methods.
- Develop computer-aid drawings using AutoCAD.
- tip elevations and calculate the pile cut-off elevations according to plan specifications.
- Provide inspection services for an international upstream facility in the harshest of environments.
- Issue shut-down notifications to any contractor who is in violation of any site-safety regulations EPA and OSHA safety regulations.
- Inspect the construction of MSE walls and coping.
Download the complete Bridge Inspector Job Description in MS word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Pura Phelps - GBR
Thank you for the Doc!!
Yuri Woods - DEU
Great content, professional and easy to customize for my work
Sherwood Khan - USA
Good value file
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process