IT Project Manager Job Description
How do I write an IT Project Manager Job Description? Download this IT Project Manager Professional (PMP) Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling IT project management professional (PMP) job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional Information Technology Project Management job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a IT Project Manager job description?
This IT Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an IT Project Manager?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this Information Technology position:
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time within the stipulated scope and budget.
- Lead the initiation and planning of a project and ensure technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed plan to monitor and track the progress of the project.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Manage relationships between clients and stakeholders.
- Measure project performance using appropriate project management tools.
- Perform risk management analysis to reduce project risks.
- Report and escalate to upper management as and when needed.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project documentation.
- A bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, business management, or a related field.
- ITIL Certificate;
- Any relevant project management related experience.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
Since well defined Information Technology job descriptions will attract more suitable IT candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this IT Project Manager job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Project Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, check this detailed Project Manager job description or make sure to have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Anitra Benton(1/3/2022) - DEU
Bookmarked you site
Georgianna Koch(12/15/2021) - USA
The structure and document are Sublime
Cherise Cline(12/15/2021) - DEU
Delmy Schwartz(12/15/2021) - NZL
Mathew Mcguire(12/15/2021) - AUS
Thank you for the Doc!!
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description