IT Project Manager Job Description
How do I write an IT Project Manager Job Description? Download this IT Project Manager Professional (PMP) Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling IT project management professional (PMP) job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional Information Technology Project Management job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a IT Project Manager job description?
This IT Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an IT Project Manager?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this Information Technology position:
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time within the stipulated scope and budget.
- Lead the initiation and planning of a project and ensure technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed plan to monitor and track the progress of the project.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Manage relationships between clients and stakeholders.
- Measure project performance using appropriate project management tools.
- Perform risk management analysis to reduce project risks.
- Report and escalate to upper management as and when needed.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project documentation.
- A bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, business management, or a related field.
- ITIL Certificate;
- Any relevant project management related experience.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
Since well defined Information Technology job descriptions will attract more suitable IT candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this IT Project Manager job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Project Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, check this detailed Project Manager job description or make sure to have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Mathew Mcguire - AUS
Thank you for the Doc!!
Delmy Schwartz - NZL
Cherise Cline - DEU
Georgianna Koch - USA
The structure and document are Sublime
Anitra Benton - DEU
Bookmarked you site
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.