Writing a Biography
What to include in a biography? Meaningful life stories are worth sharing and a biography is the perfect tool for that. Download this biography direct.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
Meaningful life stories are worth sharing and a biography is the perfect tool to simply tell a persons' story.
What to include in a biography?
A biography is a story about events and situations in a person's life, written by someone other than that person. Often, people write biographies about historical or public figures. Biography is more about famous people or ordinary people doing exciting things. They usually focus on a person's life and how they contribute to the world. The word "biography" means "writing of life": the two halves of the word are derived from the medieval Greek words "bios" for "life" and "graphia" for "writing".
It could be someone still alive, someone who lived centuries ago, someone world famous, an unsung hero forgotten by history, or even a unique group of people. The facts of her life, from birth to death (or the author's present), are included, and life-changing moments often take center stage. Authors typically refer to the subject's childhood, adolescence, relationships, failures, and successes to create a comprehensive description of the subject. Creatures can contain almost any information about a person - their life or just a key event. Most biographies, regardless of their length and audience, provide basic facts such as when and where the person lived. But other, more complex details depend largely on the situation -- and the author.
A biography, or simply a biography, is a detailed description of a person's life. It's not just about basic facts like education, work, relationships, and death; it describes one's experience with these life events. Unlike a profile or CV (resume), a biography presents a person's life story, highlighting aspects of their life, including intimate details of experiences, and may include an analysis of that person's personality. Below are some tips when writing a biography:
- Determine the chronological structure. Beginning with the chronological sequence of the subject's birth to death or old age. Use the person's life timeline to construct a biography. from birth and childhood. Then you enter young adulthood and enter adulthood. If the person is still alive, provide information about their later life. If they are no longer alive, please provide information about their death.
- Learn about books or articles written by or about the topic. Look for interviews or public speaking (if available). If possible, interview different people related to the subject who can describe key events and events in the subject's life from different perspectives. Even if you have all the necessary details on hand, the interview is an important tool for bringing your interviewer's story to life.
- Find primary sources on the topic. Primary sources can be books, letters, pictures, newspapers and clippings, magazines, Internet articles, journals, videos, interviews, existing biographies, or autobiographies on the subject. Find these resources at your local library or online. Read as much as you can on the topic and highlight any important information you come across in the source.
Learn everything there is to know about writing a biography!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Ivelisse Vazquez(9/30/2022) - USA
Great file, happy to recommend.
Our Latest Blog
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Joint Will Template
Executive Summary Sample Template
Executive Summary Survey Format
Examples of Executive Summaries
Executive Summary Example Template
Leasing Agreement For Equipment
Employee Progress Template
Employee Attendance Sign In Sheet Template
Effective Team Meeting Agenda Example
Editable Reward Sample Template
Calendar for Annual Leave
Executive Summary Sheet Layout
Essay Outline Write Up Template
Essay Outline Write Up Layout
Writing A Research Paper