Paralegal Job Description
How do I write a Paralegal Job Description? Download this Paralegal Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Paralegal Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the job responsibilities of a paralegal?
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Keeping law library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.
By using this Paralegal job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Paralegal Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Shonda Meza - AUS
Respect for the template you provided to me
Libby Greer - NZL
Was able to deliver results quickly
Albertha Collier - AUS
Thank you for this!!
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description