Freelance Video Editor Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Video Editor? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Video Editor? Download this Videographer job description
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective video editing job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Video Editor?
A Freelance Video Editor is responsible for assembling and manipulating recorded film and video materials into a complete project that encompasses the vision of the film director. They use their creative and technical skills along with complex editing software to organize stills, footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and animation effects. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in a videographer job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Video Editor?
- Meeting with the director to determine production vision.
- Reviewing raw material to determine the short list.
- Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintaining continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
- Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensuring the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consulting with the director and production team throughout the project.
- Creating the final cut for broadcasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in film studies, cinematography, or related field.
- Previous work experience as a video editor.
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.
- Familiar with Youtube.
By using this Freelance Video Editor job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Video Editor job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Roslyn Vang - GBR
Wen Lester - GBR
Thank you for the document file
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job