Environmental Specialist Job Description
How do you write a Environmental Specialist job description that stand out? Download this Environmental Specialist job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective environmental job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Environmental Specialist Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
What is a good job description for an Environmental Specialist?
We are looking for a qualified environmental specialist to join our dynamic team. Our company is compliant with the British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems. In this position, you will be responsible for performing field inspections, designing employee training programs, preparing detailed reports, and analyzing test samples. Our ideal candidate will be a qualified expert with an excellent understanding of environmental and natural sciences. All candidates will demonstrate outstanding communication skills, with an aptitude to understand and interpret data. Your ultimate goal will be to ensure our compliance with federal, state, and local regulations related to hazardous environments.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does an Environmental Specialist do?
- Oversee field examinations and report hazardous locations and materials.
- Maintain management information systems that identify the location of hazardous sites, chemical inventories, and complaint investigations.
- Develop and recommend solutions to eliminate pollution and environmental hazards.
- Design and implement effective employee training programs.
- Collect and analyze test samples of food, soil, water, and air.
- Perform research and report your findings on the current environmental conditions.
- Prepare clear and detailed written reports about field inspections.
- Implement spill prevention programs and hazardous waste regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series specialist.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Aptitude to solve problems quickly with advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job. This Environmental Specialist Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Doretha Arroyo - AUS
Thank you for the Doc!!
Nancey Erickson - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job