HRIS Specialist Job Description
How do I write a Human Resource Information Specialist (HRIS) Job Description? Download this HRIS Specialist Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective HR job description is vital when finding suitable staff. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample Human Resources job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Human Resource Information Specialist (HRIS) Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it. The general description of the job of HR Information Specialist includes:
- Technical guidance and direction to administrative, technical, and clerical staff on the operation and maintenance of the human resources data systems.
- Providing on-the-job and formal training to human resource data system users using custom software and company applications.
- Prepare, maintain, and update employee data for the HR information system.
- Process and maintain periodic reports of employee record data and develop reports.
- Work closely with the HR team to administer and support all HR system technologies and enhancements that improve HR operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists with projects such as data and workflow management, performance and compensation administration, learning management design, and training, and act as a liaison between Human Resources, Information Technology, Benefits, and Payroll to support HR projects.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in IT, HR, computer science or related field.
- The ability to troubleshoot technical issues as well as develop and implement strategies to address problem areas with human resource technology.
- Have 5+ years of experience working on implementing and maintaining human resource information management systems, ATSs, and HROS.
- Possess a drive to improve current workflow and productivity via technology and a desire to learn and teach new technologies.
Also have a look at these HR Job descriptions:
- HR Information Specialist (HRIS) Job Description
- HR Manager Job Description
- Human Resource Manager Job Description
- Human Resource Assistant Job Description
By using this Human Resource Information Specialist (HRIS) job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Human Resource Information Specialist (HRIS) Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Alejandrina Patel - DEU
Thank you for the Doc!!
Audie Duffy - NZL
Thanks bizzlibrary and bing search engine for providing me this solution
Arminda Ali - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description